Chambered Nautilus Update 2

This model has proved much more difficult to produce than I expected. I ended up spending a lot of time creating the textures in photoshop. Making them seamlessly fit together has been a big challenge, & the final model is not 100% perfect but its to a point where I am happy with it now. My problems originate from having far too many polygons in my model which meant when I came to applying the uvw unwrap it was very difficult to arrange the map for easy creation of the materials. I wanted to use different techniques of production for all my models and I beleive I achieved this very well. For this final model I used primarily lofting & polydraw to create the two main shapes of the model, whereas in previous models I have started with a box and worked outwards from that.

These are the materials I created in Photoshop using the UVW unwrap method.





0 comments: